Documents Your California Car Accident Attorney Needs to Fight for Your Rights
When you were injured in a California car accident, you can guess that it is easier to prove your right to compensation when you have solid evidence. Generally, you need proof regarding who was at fault in the crash and valid, credible information regarding your injuries – whether you are negotiating settlement with the responsible driver’s insurance company or in court. These details can come from many different sources, but the rule of thumb is that the more evidence you have, the more likely you are to recover fair monetary damages for your losses.
Fortunately, much of the information you need to support your auto crash claim is within your knowledge or possession. You can trust your Oakland car accident lawyer to handle evidence issues in connection with an overall legal strategy, but make sure you provide your attorney with the following.
- Police Reports: Officers who are dispatched to the scene of an accident will create a report, usually by taking statements from all involved motorists. At times, the report may indicate who was at fault for the crash; in other situations, the document is a “he said-she said” scenario. Still, your lawyer needs to review the police report.
- Tickets for Traffic Violations: If the facts are clear that a driver violated a California traffic law, officers may issue a citation for:
- Drunk driving;
- Using a cell phone;
- Failure to yield; or,
- Other misconduct.
The ticket may be very strong evidence of wrongdoing by the other driver, giving more support to your allegations of fault.
- Your Medical Costs and Records: Documentation related to your injury diagnosis, procedures, treatment, and other aspects of care are important for multiple reasons. You may qualify to receive compensation for all medical costs related to the car accident, so documentation is useful to determine the amounts. Medical records are also crucial for proving pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other non-economic losses.
- Wage and Income Documents: You may be eligible to recover amounts for your lost wages if you were out of work because of your injuries, so your attorney will need to review information related to your income. Plus, if you cannot return to your previous job, you may be entitled to damages related to future earning capacity and lost business opportunities.
- Information You Gathered at the Scene: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may have been able to collect evidence immediately after the auto crash. Your lawyer can put some of this information to good use, such as:
- Photos of damage to vehicles, your injuries, and the area surrounding the scene;
- Contact information for any witnesses;
- Names and address of local businesses, which may have surveillance cameras; and,
- Other relevant details.
Get Additional Details from an Oakland Car Accident Lawyer
This list is just a start in terms of what documents you should provide to our attorneys at Venardi Zurada, LLP, but you can count on us to do our part through in-depth investigation and a solid legal strategy. For more information, please contact our Oakland car accident attorneys to set up a free consultation.
You can be confident in relying on our zealous and effective Oakland personal injury lawyers:
We have served Northern California for over 35 years.
Our attorneys have been honored with numerous accolades, including SuperLawyers, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney Awards.
In our decades of legal service to the community, we have garnered a substantial reputation. We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
We combine Big Firm experience with boutique office attention and care. Several of our attorneys have experience working for the biggest law firms in the country, including the most prominent maritime defense law firm. Our attorneys rely on that big-firm know-how but prefer the personal touch of a smaller firm, allowing us to provide individualized and attentive representation to each of our clients.
We’ve been through it, too. Attorney Mark Venardi had to personally deal with a medical malpractice injury he suffered at a time when he was working a blue-collar job on an offshore oil rig; he knows what it’s like to be a working man dealing with a personal injury. He built his way up to working for the biggest maritime defense firm in the country, before deciding to focus on helping people like himself who were hurt by negligence and mistreatment from others.
We like to fight for the underdog. Attorney Martin Zurada is an immigrant and the son of immigrants who tirelessly worked his way up through education and experience to attain the American dream. Even though he has served in large, high-level litigation law firms, he prefers helping clients directly, fighting against injustices, and securing victories for the little guy who has been wronged.
We win. We have secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. In our combined tenure, we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients across our broad areas of practice.
We care first and foremost about our clients. We dedicate ourselves to serve each and every client personally, and we make ourselves available to our clients around the clock.
There is no cost to you until we win. If we don’t make a recovery for you, we will not collect a fee. And all initial consultations are free of charge.
Dedicated Areas of Practice
We offer a wide range of litigation services for Oakland personal injury and employment law clients. Specifically, our areas of dedicated practice span the following issues:
Employment Law. California employers must assure proper pay to employees and comply with a variety of rules and regulations to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment of employees. We represent victims of wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and any other form of California workplace mistreatment. If you believe you were treated inappropriately at work, we can help.
Personal Injury. If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, you deserve compensation. That’s where we come in. As Oakland personal injury attorneys, we right the wrongs done to our clients. And we do it at our cost during the entire duration of your case. There is never any fee until we win. Give us a call if you have been hurt in a car accident, by a toxic spill or contamination, as a result of medical malpractice, due to abuse or neglect, in a maritime accident, by a vicious animal attack, or any other incident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Sooner You Speak to an Oakland Injury Lawyer, the Stronger Your Chances for Recovery Will Become.
Contact the Oakland injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada today, and let’s get started. We are available to talk any time, so whether you call, email or chat online, we’ll respond and set up an appointment to meet you. We have several Spanish speakers in the office and welcome the opportunity to cater our services to Oakland’s Spanish-speaking population. You pay no fee until we win for you, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our office for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start getting results for you. Call 925-937-3900.