Getting Oakland Car Accident Evidence When You Are Transported from the Scene
Auto collisions continue to be a safety risk for motorists throughout the US, and statistics demonstrate the severity of the problem in California. According to the Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, almost 279,000 people are hurt in car accidents every year. Though some may have been able to walk away or seek medical care on their own, many others were immediately transported to local hospitals by ambulance or airlift.
Obviously, getting proper medical treatment should always be a priority after a motor vehicle crash. However, being rushed away from the scene creates a dilemma in terms of being able to gather essential proof to support your legal rights. Fortunately, there are strategies for getting the evidence you need and an Oakland car accident lawyer can help. Potential sources of proof for your claim may include:
- People in Your Car: Any vehicle occupant with a cell phone camera could be a reliable source of evidence, since these individuals may remain at the scene to snap photos, capture video, and jot down notes. If you are able, instruct friends and family to take pictures of:
- The intersection or stretch of roadway;
- Signs, signals, lane markings, and other traffic indicators;
- Damage to vehicles;
- Skid marks and other physical characteristics at the scene;
- Weather conditions; and,
- Any other factors that may be relevant to fault in the accident.
- Security Camera Footage: The majority of businesses and buildings have surveillance cameras installed for security purposes, and they may have captured footage that could be useful to your claim.
- Vehicle EDRs: Many recent model vehicles are equipped with electronic data recorders (EDRs), similar to the “black boxes” on aircraft. The technology tracks various factors, including rate of acceleration, braking, steering maneuvers, and many other driver actions. The other driver’s EDR could contain valuable information related to fault, while your own vehicle’s black box can prove that you were NOT responsible.
- Bystanders and Other Witnesses: Individuals who were not involved in the crash may have seen what happened, so their recollections could be important for determining causes and contributing factors. Insurance companies consider input from neutral witnesses as more credible than your own, because third parties do not have a financial stake in the outcome.
- Private Investigators: In some cases, it may be necessary to retain a professional to assist with auto crash investigations, especially where the individual has experience in law enforcement or private security. Attorneys often work with private investigators to obtain essential evidence after the fact when other proof is limited.
Our Oakland Car Accident Attorneys Will Thoroughly Investigate
You might feel hopeless if you are not able to collect evidence after being transported from the scene of an auto crash, but the above sources of proof provide you with options. Our team at Venardi Zurada, LLP can tackle investigations and other complicated legal issues, so please contact our firm right away. We can schedule a complimentary case evaluation to review your circumstances at our offices in Oakland, Orinda, or Redding, CA.
You can be confident in relying on our zealous and effective Oakland personal injury lawyers:
We have served Northern California for over 35 years.
Our attorneys have been honored with numerous accolades, including SuperLawyers, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney Awards.
In our decades of legal service to the community, we have garnered a substantial reputation. We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
We combine Big Firm experience with boutique office attention and care. Several of our attorneys have experience working for the biggest law firms in the country, including the most prominent maritime defense law firm. Our attorneys rely on that big-firm know-how but prefer the personal touch of a smaller firm, allowing us to provide individualized and attentive representation to each of our clients.
We’ve been through it, too. Attorney Mark Venardi had to personally deal with a medical malpractice injury he suffered at a time when he was working a blue-collar job on an offshore oil rig; he knows what it’s like to be a working man dealing with a personal injury. He built his way up to working for the biggest maritime defense firm in the country, before deciding to focus on helping people like himself who were hurt by negligence and mistreatment from others.
We like to fight for the underdog. Attorney Martin Zurada is an immigrant and the son of immigrants who tirelessly worked his way up through education and experience to attain the American dream. Even though he has served in large, high-level litigation law firms, he prefers helping clients directly, fighting against injustices, and securing victories for the little guy who has been wronged.
We win. We have secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. In our combined tenure, we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients across our broad areas of practice.
We care first and foremost about our clients. We dedicate ourselves to serve each and every client personally, and we make ourselves available to our clients around the clock.
There is no cost to you until we win. If we don’t make a recovery for you, we will not collect a fee. And all initial consultations are free of charge.
Dedicated Areas of Practice
We offer a wide range of litigation services for Oakland personal injury and employment law clients. Specifically, our areas of dedicated practice span the following issues:
Employment Law. California employers must assure proper pay to employees and comply with a variety of rules and regulations to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment of employees. We represent victims of wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and any other form of California workplace mistreatment. If you believe you were treated inappropriately at work, we can help.
Personal Injury. If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, you deserve compensation. That’s where we come in. As Oakland personal injury attorneys, we right the wrongs done to our clients. And we do it at our cost during the entire duration of your case. There is never any fee until we win. Give us a call if you have been hurt in a car accident, by a toxic spill or contamination, as a result of medical malpractice, due to abuse or neglect, in a maritime accident, by a vicious animal attack, or any other incident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Sooner You Speak to an Oakland Injury Lawyer, the Stronger Your Chances for Recovery Will Become.
Contact the Oakland injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada today, and let’s get started. We are available to talk any time, so whether you call, email or chat online, we’ll respond and set up an appointment to meet you. We have several Spanish speakers in the office and welcome the opportunity to cater our services to Oakland’s Spanish-speaking population. You pay no fee until we win for you, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our office for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start getting results for you. Call 925-937-3900.