4 Motorcycle Safety Technologies That Protect California Riders from Accidents
There are numerous “smart” devices that enhance safety in our everyday activities, so it probably comes as no surprise to learn that manufacturers are incorporating technology to make motorcycle riding less hazardous. These efforts are certainly welcome for California riders, as the Insurance Information Institute (III) reveals that motorcyclists are around 27 times more likely to die in a collision as compared to occupants of passenger vehicles. As safety technology for motorcycles improves, experts hope it will significantly shrink this number and save lives.
Despite the availability of these features, you should always keep in mind that no advances in technology will ever be able to prevent crashes. Therefore, it is wise to consult with an Oakland motorcycle accidents lawyer about your rights if you were hurt. You can also read on for some of the top safety features that protect riders.
- Air Bag Motorcycle Clothing: The same technology that protects occupants in a vehicle crash is now being incorporated into the clothing you wear for motorcycling. Smart motorcycle air bag vests, jackets, bodysuits, and other clothing rely on a system of sensors that can detect when a crash is imminent. They deploy almost instantly to provide protection in a key area that is unique to motorcycle accidents: The secondary impact with the ground or other hard surface when a rider is tossed upon impact.
- Tire Pressure Monitors: Low tire pressure makes your motorcycle more difficult to handle, increasing the likelihood that you could lose control. It can be difficult to reach for the valve stem, especially when riding, so consider investing in tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS). The easy-to-install technology alerts you when pressure is low, and many TPMS include features for:
- Tracking pressure via mobile app or smartwatch
- Providing tire pressure information on demand while riding
- Monitoring tire temperature
- Detecting leaks
- Theft prevention
- Adaptive Headlights: Fixed lighting on passenger vehicles is limiting in terms of visibility, and the effect is even worse for the small headlights installed on many motorcycles. The beam typically fails to illuminate road conditions as you are making turns and rounding corners, forcing you to essentially steer into a dark oblivion. Adaptive headlights pivot in the direction you are heading, providing improved visibility.
- Auto Shifting: Experience is critical for avoiding motorcycle collisions, but challenges with traditional clutch and shift can make it difficult to practice. Plus, many motorcycle accidents are caused by poor shifting – or inattention to traffic because the rider is too focused on shifting. Automatic transmission is becoming available on more motorcycles as manufacturers attempt to keep up with demand.
Discuss Your Rights with an Alameda County Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
No motorcycle safety technology will ever lead to zero collisions, but it is reassuring to know that there are features that protect riders and reduce the potential for crashes. You may also be encouraged to learn that you do have options if you were hurt or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. For more information on your rights, please contact the Oakland motorcycle accident attorneys at Venardi Zurada, LLP to schedule a complimentary consultation at our offices.
You can be confident in relying on our zealous and effective Oakland personal injury lawyers:
We have served Northern California for over 35 years.
Our attorneys have been honored with numerous accolades, including SuperLawyers, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney Awards.
In our decades of legal service to the community, we have garnered a substantial reputation. We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
We combine Big Firm experience with boutique office attention and care. Several of our attorneys have experience working for the biggest law firms in the country, including the most prominent maritime defense law firm. Our attorneys rely on that big-firm know-how but prefer the personal touch of a smaller firm, allowing us to provide individualized and attentive representation to each of our clients.
We’ve been through it, too. Attorney Mark Venardi had to personally deal with a medical malpractice injury he suffered at a time when he was working a blue-collar job on an offshore oil rig; he knows what it’s like to be a working man dealing with a personal injury. He built his way up to working for the biggest maritime defense firm in the country, before deciding to focus on helping people like himself who were hurt by negligence and mistreatment from others.
We like to fight for the underdog. Attorney Martin Zurada is an immigrant and the son of immigrants who tirelessly worked his way up through education and experience to attain the American dream. Even though he has served in large, high-level litigation law firms, he prefers helping clients directly, fighting against injustices, and securing victories for the little guy who has been wronged.
We win. We have secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. In our combined tenure, we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients across our broad areas of practice.
We care first and foremost about our clients. We dedicate ourselves to serve each and every client personally, and we make ourselves available to our clients around the clock.
There is no cost to you until we win. If we don’t make a recovery for you, we will not collect a fee. And all initial consultations are free of charge.
Dedicated Areas of Practice
We offer a wide range of litigation services for Oakland personal injury and employment law clients. Specifically, our areas of dedicated practice span the following issues:
Employment Law. California employers must assure proper pay to employees and comply with a variety of rules and regulations to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment of employees. We represent victims of wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and any other form of California workplace mistreatment. If you believe you were treated inappropriately at work, we can help.
Personal Injury. If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, you deserve compensation. That’s where we come in. As Oakland personal injury attorneys, we right the wrongs done to our clients. And we do it at our cost during the entire duration of your case. There is never any fee until we win. Give us a call if you have been hurt in a car accident, by a toxic spill or contamination, as a result of medical malpractice, due to abuse or neglect, in a maritime accident, by a vicious animal attack, or any other incident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Sooner You Speak to an Oakland Injury Lawyer, the Stronger Your Chances for Recovery Will Become.
Contact the Oakland injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada today, and let’s get started. We are available to talk any time, so whether you call, email or chat online, we’ll respond and set up an appointment to meet you. We have several Spanish speakers in the office and welcome the opportunity to cater our services to Oakland’s Spanish-speaking population. You pay no fee until we win for you, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our office for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start getting results for you. Call 925-937-3900.