4 Reasons Oakland Truck Accident Cases Are So Complicated
Truck accidents make up a small proportion of the total motor vehicle accidents in California in any given year, at just over three percent of all traffic collisions. However, statistics reveal that they are among the deadliest, comprising more than 10 percent of all vehicle fatalities. According to the California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System, there were 367 people killed and 6,897 victims injured in truck crashes in 2017.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a collision with a semi, 18-wheeler, or other big rig, California law does provide you with legal options. As compared to a crash involving passenger vehicles, the process can be complicated for a number of reasons. You can trust your Oakland truck accident lawyer to protect your interests, but you should be aware of some of the challenges with these cases.
- The size differential means severe, catastrophic injuries for victims. Commercial vehicles outweigh the average passenger car or light truck by thousands of pounds, and the cargo they are transporting further adds to the weight disparity. Given the massive size and weight of an 18-wheeler, you can guess that the most tragic destruction occurs to the occupants of the other vehicle. It is common for victims to suffer debilitating, catastrophic injuries that can lead to permanent disability.
- Victims’ losses can be astronomical. From this description of the severity of the bodily harm, one aspect of a truck accident claim will be critical: The costs of medical treatment, and the non-economic damages associated with severe injuries. Your life may never be the same due to such losses as:
- Pain and suffering;
- Decreased enjoyment of life;
- Emotional distress; and,
- Implications for your personal relationships.
- There are multiple parties to pursue. In a typical motor vehicle crash, you pursue the responsible driver through his or her insurance company, so there are two parties involved with the legal process. With a truck accident claim, you may need to account for numerous potential parties, such as:
- The truck driver’s employer;
- The owner of the truck;
- A syndicate, partnership, or affiliated truck company;
- An organization that handles inspections, maintenance, or repairs to the truck; and,
- The manufacturer of any defective truck parts.
- Truck drivers must carry high levels of liability insurance. Because of the potential that they can cause catastrophic damage, truck operators are required to purchase liability insurance coverage that is much higher than the average motorist. When the stakes are in the hundreds of thousands – or millions – of dollars, insurance companies assign your claim to their most experienced employees. The claims adjuster will work hard to find reasons to deny your claim.
Our Oakland Truck Accident Attorney Work for You
As you can see from this description, the issues involved with truck collision claims can be complicated and much more challenging than a typical auto crash. Instead of putting your rights at risk, count on our Oakland truck accident lawyers at Venardi Zurada, LLP to assist with the legal process. Please contact our firm today to schedule a complimentary at our offices.
You can be confident in relying on our zealous and effective Oakland personal injury lawyers:
We have served Northern California for over 35 years.
Our attorneys have been honored with numerous accolades, including SuperLawyers, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney Awards.
In our decades of legal service to the community, we have garnered a substantial reputation. We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
We combine Big Firm experience with boutique office attention and care. Several of our attorneys have experience working for the biggest law firms in the country, including the most prominent maritime defense law firm. Our attorneys rely on that big-firm know-how but prefer the personal touch of a smaller firm, allowing us to provide individualized and attentive representation to each of our clients.
We’ve been through it, too. Attorney Mark Venardi had to personally deal with a medical malpractice injury he suffered at a time when he was working a blue-collar job on an offshore oil rig; he knows what it’s like to be a working man dealing with a personal injury. He built his way up to working for the biggest maritime defense firm in the country, before deciding to focus on helping people like himself who were hurt by negligence and mistreatment from others.
We like to fight for the underdog. Attorney Martin Zurada is an immigrant and the son of immigrants who tirelessly worked his way up through education and experience to attain the American dream. Even though he has served in large, high-level litigation law firms, he prefers helping clients directly, fighting against injustices, and securing victories for the little guy who has been wronged.
We win. We have secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. In our combined tenure, we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients across our broad areas of practice.
We care first and foremost about our clients. We dedicate ourselves to serve each and every client personally, and we make ourselves available to our clients around the clock.
There is no cost to you until we win. If we don’t make a recovery for you, we will not collect a fee. And all initial consultations are free of charge.
Dedicated Areas of Practice
We offer a wide range of litigation services for Oakland personal injury and employment law clients. Specifically, our areas of dedicated practice span the following issues:
Employment Law. California employers must assure proper pay to employees and comply with a variety of rules and regulations to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment of employees. We represent victims of wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and any other form of California workplace mistreatment. If you believe you were treated inappropriately at work, we can help.
Personal Injury. If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, you deserve compensation. That’s where we come in. As Oakland personal injury attorneys, we right the wrongs done to our clients. And we do it at our cost during the entire duration of your case. There is never any fee until we win. Give us a call if you have been hurt in a car accident, by a toxic spill or contamination, as a result of medical malpractice, due to abuse or neglect, in a maritime accident, by a vicious animal attack, or any other incident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Sooner You Speak to an Oakland Injury Lawyer, the Stronger Your Chances for Recovery Will Become.
Contact the Oakland injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada today, and let’s get started. We are available to talk any time, so whether you call, email or chat online, we’ll respond and set up an appointment to meet you. We have several Spanish speakers in the office and welcome the opportunity to cater our services to Oakland’s Spanish-speaking population. You pay no fee until we win for you, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our office for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start getting results for you. Call 925-937-3900.