5 Factors To Note About Box And Delivery Truck Accidents In California
When you think about the extreme dangers involved with California truck accidents, you automatically assume that these incidents involve the 18-wheeler tractor-trailer configuration. You might not expect that smaller vehicles regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) would present a high risk to motorists, but delivery and box truck crashes are quite common around the Bay Area. Besides the familiar UPS, FedEx, US Post Office, and Amazon delivery vehicles, there are countless companies that also serve their customers through box trucks.
It is true that box or delivery trucks are smaller and lower in profile compared to larger commercial vehicles, there are unique factors involved with these collisions; the legal process for recovering compensation can also be more complicated. You can count on an Oakland truck accident lawyer to assist with your remedies, though some general information may also be useful.
- Inherent Dangers of Box Trucks: The design of the vehicle itself is part of the reason that delivery truck accidents are such a threat to motorists. They are higher in profile, which can make them unstable when a driver takes a turn too quickly. Plus, the cargo bay area usually does not have windows, creating an enormous blind spot even with mirrors to expand the visible area.
- Unbalanced Loads: Unlike 18-wheelers that transport a load to a single destination, delivery trucks are making many stops – unloading, shifting, and repositioning items along the way. Some delivery companies will also be making pickups, at times involving heavy or bulky packages. All of this movement can lead to balance issues, adding to the instability of the box truck.
- Licensing Issues: FMCSA regulations require operators of certain truck classes to obtain their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), which requires extensive training and ongoing certification. Many delivery and box trucks fall under the minimum threshold, so operators do not need their CDLs. They do not benefit from the same education and knowledge, increasing the potential for serious accidents.
- Fast Paced Delivery Services: Delivery truck drivers have a designated number of pickups and drop-offs at the start of each day, but traffic and other factors can hinder their efforts. To make up time, operators may speed or make careless driving maneuvers in their rush to finish the job.
- Employer-Employee Relationships: Though the nature of the employment relationship may not affect accident rates, it does impact the legal process. When an operator causes a delivery truck crash through negligent driving, it may be possible to hold the employer liable.
Call an Oakland Truck Accident Attorney Right Away
Because of these unique factors and complexities involved with delivery and box truck crashes, it is wise to trust an experienced lawyer to pursue all at-fault parties. Our team at Venardi Zurada, LLP is prepared to fight for your right to compensation, so please contact our offices to set up a free case evaluation. We can advise you on your remedies and work out a legal strategy after reviewing your circumstances.
You can be confident in relying on our zealous and effective Oakland personal injury lawyers:
We have served Northern California for over 35 years.
Our attorneys have been honored with numerous accolades, including SuperLawyers, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney Awards.
In our decades of legal service to the community, we have garnered a substantial reputation. We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
We combine Big Firm experience with boutique office attention and care. Several of our attorneys have experience working for the biggest law firms in the country, including the most prominent maritime defense law firm. Our attorneys rely on that big-firm know-how but prefer the personal touch of a smaller firm, allowing us to provide individualized and attentive representation to each of our clients.
We’ve been through it, too. Attorney Mark Venardi had to personally deal with a medical malpractice injury he suffered at a time when he was working a blue-collar job on an offshore oil rig; he knows what it’s like to be a working man dealing with a personal injury. He built his way up to working for the biggest maritime defense firm in the country, before deciding to focus on helping people like himself who were hurt by negligence and mistreatment from others.
We like to fight for the underdog. Attorney Martin Zurada is an immigrant and the son of immigrants who tirelessly worked his way up through education and experience to attain the American dream. Even though he has served in large, high-level litigation law firms, he prefers helping clients directly, fighting against injustices, and securing victories for the little guy who has been wronged.
We win. We have secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. In our combined tenure, we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients across our broad areas of practice.
We care first and foremost about our clients. We dedicate ourselves to serve each and every client personally, and we make ourselves available to our clients around the clock.
There is no cost to you until we win. If we don’t make a recovery for you, we will not collect a fee. And all initial consultations are free of charge.
Dedicated Areas of Practice
We offer a wide range of litigation services for Oakland personal injury and employment law clients. Specifically, our areas of dedicated practice span the following issues:
Employment Law. California employers must assure proper pay to employees and comply with a variety of rules and regulations to prevent discrimination and unfair treatment of employees. We represent victims of wage and hour violations, employment discrimination, workplace harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and any other form of California workplace mistreatment. If you believe you were treated inappropriately at work, we can help.
Personal Injury. If you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence, you deserve compensation. That’s where we come in. As Oakland personal injury attorneys, we right the wrongs done to our clients. And we do it at our cost during the entire duration of your case. There is never any fee until we win. Give us a call if you have been hurt in a car accident, by a toxic spill or contamination, as a result of medical malpractice, due to abuse or neglect, in a maritime accident, by a vicious animal attack, or any other incident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The Sooner You Speak to an Oakland Injury Lawyer, the Stronger Your Chances for Recovery Will Become.
Contact the Oakland injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada today, and let’s get started. We are available to talk any time, so whether you call, email or chat online, we’ll respond and set up an appointment to meet you. We have several Spanish speakers in the office and welcome the opportunity to cater our services to Oakland’s Spanish-speaking population. You pay no fee until we win for you, so you have nothing to lose by contacting our office for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start getting results for you. Call 925-937-3900.