Walnut Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
Whether they happen suddenly without warning or slowly over time, a serious personal injury is perhaps the most serious crisis a California family can endure. The losses are even worse if someone else’s negligence, or even someone else’s recklessness, caused the injury or illness. There are many kinds of accidents, but they all have a common denominator. These incidents trigger immense suffering on many levels. Victims deserve fair compensation for these losses, so they can go back to living their lives.
So, the dedicated Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada leave no stone unturned as we fight for you. Our process begins with a prompt yet thorough case review, so you are fully aware of your legal and financial rights. Then, we collect evidence which supports your claim and refutes some common insurance company defenses. Then, we do not relent until we obtain the best possible result under the circumstances.
- Animal & Dog Bite
- ATV Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Birth Injury
- Boat Accident
- Burn Injury
- Car Accident
- Commercial Fishing Accident
- Construction Accident
- Cruise Ship Accident
- E-Scooter Accident
- Foster Home Abuse
- Maritime Accident
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accident
- Neglect & Abuse
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Premises Liability
- Railroad Worker Injury
- Seaman & Jones Act
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Toxic Tort
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accident
- Tug & Barge Accident
- Wrongful Death
Kinds of Personal Injuries
Our professional team handles a wide array of personal injury cases throughout the Bay Area and in all of California. Some examples include:
- Vehicle Collisions: Although today’s cars and trucks are much safer than they were in the 1990s, vehicle collisions still injure or kill millions of Americans every year. That’s because today’s cars are also bigger and faster than ever before. The most sophisticated safety system can only absorb so much force.
- Falls: These incidents are the leading cause of ER visits in the United States. Older adults and those with pre-existing conditions are especially vulnerable in this area. Generally, property owners have a duty of care which includes ensuring the safety of people who visit for economic or social reasons.
- Dog Bites: Animal attacks are among the most savage personal injuries. That’s especially true when, as is often the case, a large Mastiff dog, like a Rottweiler, attacks a small child. Since doctors better understand the nature and extent of dog bite injuries, the average settlement amount has increased significantly since the early 2000s.
- Medical Malpractice: Misdiagnosis is one of the most common kinds of medical malpractice. As many as 20 percent of serious conditions, including cancer and heart disease, are misdiagnosed every year. Such misdiagnosis could be the difference between life and death. Early detection is usually the key to a successful outcome. Other kinds of medical malpractice include anesthesia errors and birth injuries.
Our Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers do more than handle the legal aspects of your case. We also tend to the practical aspects. We quickly arrange for things like medical treatment and vehicle replacement. Usually, these providers charge nothing upfront for these services.
Obtaining Compensation in Court
Damages in these personal injury claims usually include compensation for economic losses, such as medical bills, and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. Additional punitive damages are available as well, in some extreme cases.
This compensation is available if the victim/plaintiff establishes negligence, which is basically a lack of care. All victim/plaintiffs have the burden of proof and the burden of persuasion. The burden of proof basically means establishing the legal elements of the claim. The burden of persuasion usually means convincing jurors to award maximum compensation.
Most civil claims settle out of court. These settlements end cases earlier and give victims more control over the outcome. So, an attorney must be a good negotiator, as well as a good litigator. An attorney must know when to stand firm and when to compromise.
Contact an Experienced Alameda County Attorney
Injury victims are normally entitled to substantial compensation. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek, contact Venardi Zurada, LLP. We do not charge upfront legal fees in these matters.