Walnut Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Considering the temperate climate and vast diversity of scenery, it is not surprising that California is home to more than 800,000 registered motorcycles and several routes listed on the top motorcycle roads in the US. You may also not be shocked to learn that these figures point to some disturbing statistics about motorcycle accidents. Every year, there are more than 570 total fatal motorcycle crashes, while another 14,000 collisions cause injuries to at least one individual. Based upon the vehicle design and lack of protection, you can assume that it is the motorcycle rider who suffers severe harm.
Unfortunately, even when fault seems clear, there are many legal hurdles in pursuing your legal options after a motorcycle crash. Bias can work against you, but our attorneys at Venardi Zurada LLP have the skills to overcome challenges. Please contact our office to set up a complimentary consultation with a Walnut Creek motorcycle accident lawyer, and read on for a summary of the laws.
Liability and Legal Hurdles with Motorcycle Collisions
Most traffic crashes occur because of driver negligence, and motorcycle accidents are no exception. To prove your right to compensation, you must show that the at-fault motorist caused the collision by failing to exercise reasonable care when driving. Your first step in the legal process is filing a claim with the responsible driver’s insurance company and attempting to settle, but you may encounter challenges. For instance:
- Bias against motorcycle riders as being daredevils persists. The insurer might accuse you of causing the accident through recklessness.
- Motorcycle riders often suffer serious, catastrophic injuries due to the lack of a metal barrier and the evitable secondary impact when hitting the ground. With a higher claim for damages, you can be sure the insurer will try to find reasons to deny it.
Venardi Zurada LLP anticipates the strategies insurance companies use to defeat motorcycle crash claims, so we will be at your side during settlement negotiations. If the insurer refuses to pay a fair amount, we will take your case to court.
Compensation for Serious Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Damages in a motorcycle collision claim are intended to put you in the same position you would be if the incident never occurred, so every case is unique. Our Walnut Creek motorcycle accident attorney work to ensure you recover the full amount of compensation allowed by law, including:
- Costs of surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, and other medical treatment;
- Lost wages, if you missed work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Losses based upon how the motorcycle accident impacts your personal relationships; and
- Diminished quality of life.
Discuss Your Options with a Walnut Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Though they may be similar to other traffic-related crashes, the legal concepts involved with California motorcycle collision claims make them more complex in many ways. Our team at Venardi Zurada LLP is prepared to overcome challenges, so please call 925-937-3900 or go online to schedule a free case evaluation. We can explain more about the process after reviewing your circumstances.