Redding Personal Injury Lawyer
Whether they happen suddenly without warning or slowly over time, a serious personal injury is perhaps the most serious crisis a California family can endure. The losses are even worse if someone else’s negligence, or even someone else’s recklessness, caused the injury or illness. There are many kinds of accidents, but they all have a common denominator. These incidents trigger immense suffering on many levels. Victims deserve fair compensation for these losses, so they can go back to living their lives.
So, the dedicated Redding personal injury lawyers at Venardi Zurada leave no stone unturned as we fight for you. Our process begins with a prompt yet thorough case review, so you are fully aware of your legal and financial rights. Then, we collect evidence which supports your claim and refutes some common insurance company defenses. Then, we do not relent until we obtain the best possible result under the circumstances.
Getting hurt in an accident, or sustaining serious injuries because of another person’s reckless or intentional actions, can be devastating. A dedicated Redding personal injury lawyer at Venardi Zurada can evaluate your case for you today and can help you to make plans for seeking financial compensation. Depending upon the particular facts of your case, you may be eligible to seek an insurance settlement or to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party or parties.
Our Redding Personal Injury Attorneys Represent Clients in a Wide Variety of Cases
Personal injury lawsuits in Redding can involve many different types of accidents and injuries. At Venardi Zurada, our Redding injury lawyers represent clients in a wide variety of personal injury claims, such as:
- Auto Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip, Fall & Premises Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Boat accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- E-scooter accidents;
- Construction accidents;
- Birth injuries;
- Cruise ship accidents;
- ATV accidents;
- Dog bite claims;
- Drowning accidents;
- Railroad worker injuries and FELA claims;·
- Nursing home abuse;
- Toxic torts;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs);
- Burn injuries;
- Catastrophic injuries; and
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Under California law, every type of personal injury case has what is known as a statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is the amount of time, or the time window, in which the law permits you to file a civil lawsuit against the liable party. For most types of personal injury lawsuits in California, the statute of limitations is two years, and the clock will start to tick on the date you sustained the injury.
There are exceptions, however. For example, the statute of limitations is much shorter if you need to file a claim against a government entity, as in cases where an injury occurred on public property and resulted from a hazard on that property. The statute of limitations for medical malpractices cases is also slightly different. For most medical negligence lawsuits, the statute of limitations is three years, but that clock may be extended in some circumstances. If a medical injury could not have been reasonably identified when it occurred, then the patient may have one year from the date that the injury was discovered or reasonably should have been discovered, even if three or more years have passed since the initial incident that gave rise to the injury.
How a Redding Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
After an accident or another type of injury, your personal injury attorney in Redding can provide you with a wide range of services, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with an insurance claim and negotiating with the insurer for a reasonable settlement;
- Gathering evidence to support your case;
- Developing the best strategy for your personal injury claim;
- Determining who may be liable for your injuries;
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party or parties; and
- Advocating for your right to compensation before a judge or jury.
Kinds of Personal Injuries
Our professional team handles a wide array of personal injury cases throughout the Bay Area and in all of California. Some examples include:
- Vehicle Collisions: Although today’s cars and trucks are much safer than they were in the 1990s, vehicle collisions still injure or kill millions of Americans every year. That’s because today’s cars are also bigger and faster than ever before. The most sophisticated safety system can only absorb so much force.
- Falls: These incidents are the leading cause of ER visits in the United States. Older adults and those with pre-existing conditions are especially vulnerable in this area. Generally, property owners have a duty of care which includes ensuring the safety of people who visit for economic or social reasons.
- Dog Bites: Animal attacks are among the most savage personal injuries. That’s especially true when, as is often the case, a large Mastiff dog, like a Rottweiler, attacks a small child. Since doctors better understand the nature and extent of dog bite injuries, the average settlement amount has increased significantly since the early 2000s.
- Medical Malpractice: Misdiagnosis is one of the most common kinds of medical malpractice. As many as 20 percent of serious conditions, including cancer and heart disease, are misdiagnosed every year. Such misdiagnosis could be the difference between life and death. Early detection is usually the key to a successful outcome. Other kinds of medical malpractice include anesthesia errors and birth injuries.
Our Redding injury lawyers do more than handle the legal aspects of your case. We also tend to the practical aspects. We quickly arrange for things like medical treatment and vehicle replacement. Usually, these providers charge nothing upfront for these services.
Obtaining Compensation in Court
Damages in these personal injury claims usually include compensation for economic losses, such as medical bills, and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. Additional punitive damages are available as well, in some extreme cases.
This compensation is available if the victim/plaintiff establishes negligence, which is basically a lack of care. All victim/plaintiffs have the burden of proof and the burden of persuasion. The burden of proof basically means establishing the legal elements of the claim. The burden of persuasion usually means convincing jurors to award maximum compensation.
Most civil claims settle out of court. These settlements end cases earlier and give victims more control over the outcome. So, an attorney must be a good negotiator, as well as a good litigator. An attorney must know when to stand firm and when to compromise.
Contact a Skilled Redding Injury Lawyer
Injury victims are normally entitled to substantial compensation. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Redding, contact Venardi Zurada, LLP. We do not charge upfront legal fees in these matters.