Oakland Car Wreck Lawyer
Car wrecks in Oakland can result in devastating and fatal injuries. Nobody should ever have to go through the experience of sustaining severe personal injuries or losing a loved one because of another motorist’s careless or reckless behavior behind the wheel. However, single-vehicle and multi-vehicle car wrecks happen with more frequency than you might expect. To be sure, collisions occur on freeways around Oakland and on local roads. If you were recently injured in an Oakland car wreck, or if you lost a loved one in a car accident, you should get in touch with an Oakland car wreck lawyer as soon as possible to begin the process of filing a claim for financial compensation.
Getting the Facts About Oakland Car Wrecks
What do you need to know about car wrecks in and around Oakland? The following are some key facts and figures about California traffic collisions from the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- Fatal car accident rates have decreased slightly in California in recent years, yet more than 3,600 people were still killed in collisions in 2019;
- Drunk driving deaths in California accounted for 1,066 traffic fatalities in 2019;
- About 50 percent of all motorists who sustained fatal injuries in car wrecks are driving under the influence of either legal or illegal drugs, and potentially responsible for drugged driving injuries;
- In 2019, a total of 620 fatal injuries affected vehicle occupants who were not wearing a seat belt; and
- 164 teenagers were killed in motor vehicle collisions in 2019, and 83 of those teens were the drivers at the time of the collision.
Common Types of Oakland Car Wreck Claims Our Attorneys Handle
Our car wreck lawyers in Oakland, California handle many different kinds of traffic collision cases, such as:
- Head-on collisions;
- Side-swipe accidents;
- T-bone or side-impact crashes;
- Speeding and high-speed wrecks;
- Rear-end accidents;
- Rollover accidents;
- Nighttime driving collisions;
- Accidents caused by distracted driving;
- Fatigued driving collisions; and
- Drunk or drugged driving wrecks.
Car wrecks in Oakland, CA can occur nearly anywhere, and collisions can happen for a wide variety of reasons. If another party is at fault for the accident or caused the collision due to negligence, you could be eligible to file a lawsuit.
Oakland Car Wreck Statute of Limitations
California law typically requires that most car wreck claims be filed within two years from the date of the collision, but you should have a car wreck attorney in Oakland evaluate your case before you reach any conclusions.
Seek Advice from Our Oakland Car Wreck Attorneys As Soon As Possible
Although it can seem too time-consuming or emotionally difficult to move forward with a car wreck claim so soon after a collision, it is essential to keep in mind that the sooner you get started, the sooner you may be eligible to obtain the financial compensation you deserve. One of our aggressive Oakland car wreck lawyers can begin working on your case today. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us to find out more about your options for seeking compensation. Contact Venardi Zurada to learn more about the services we provide to injury victims and their families in Northern California.