Redding Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents in Redding often result in debilitating and life-threatening injuries. We know how difficult it is to go through the painful experience of a serious motor vehicle collision. Not only can a car accident lead to injuries that require extensive and costly medical care, but those injuries can also prevent you from working and earning a living. It is extremely important to seek the compensation you need and deserve after a serious collision, and to hold the responsible driver accountable for any harm they have caused. An experienced and dedicated Redding car accident lawyer can begin working with you on your claim for financial compensation.
Understanding Car Accidents in Redding, CA
In and around Redding, car accidents can happen almost anywhere, from high-speed collisions on the I-5 to fender benders on local roads. The following are facts and figures about motor vehicle collisions in the state from the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- While traffic fatalities declined by about 5 percent between 2018 and 2019, deadly collisions still occur much too frequently with 3,606 people sustaining fatal injuries in 2019;
- Fatal crashes caused by intoxicated driving occur with frequency in California, with 1,066 sustaining fatal injuries in alcohol-impaired accidents and about 50 percent of all drivers in fatal collisions testing positive for a drug;
- Teen car accident driver deaths have decreased slightly in California in recent years, yet 83 teens were still killed in collisions in 2019, and a total of 164 teen motor vehicle deaths (regardless of whether the teen was the driver) occurring that same year; and
- Total of 620 car accident fatalities involved vehicle occupants who were not wearing seat belts or were not properly restrained.
Steps to Take After a Redding Car Accident
After a car crash in Redding, what should you do to ensure that you have the ability to file a strong claim for financial compensation? Our car accident attorneys in Redding have some tips:
- Document the scene of the car accident as best you can, which means taking photographs on your phone from many different angles and distances to show close-ups of property damage and injuries as well as longer shots that give a sense of the entire scene of the collision;
- Obtain contact information for anyone who was involved in the crash as well as anyone who may have witnessed the accident, and be sure to obtain additional insurance and related information from any other drivers involved in the wreck;
- Get medical attention from a healthcare provider as soon as possible, even if you do not think your injuries necessarily require it (some injuries may not produce obvious signs or symptoms for hours or even days);
- Report the accident to your own auto insurer, but do not provide any additional information beyond the basic facts (your auto insurer could attempt to use any subjective information you provide to deny a claim later on); and
- Hire an experienced car accident attorney in Redding, CA.
Contact Our Redding Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love recently got hurt in a car crash, one of our Redding car accident attorneys is here to help. Contact Venardi Zurada to get started on your claim.