Redding Auto Accident Lawyer
Auto accidents frequently result in serious and deadly injuries in California, and drivers in Redding need to be aware of the serious collision risks that exist on a regular basis across highways, streets, and roads in and around Redding. When a crash occurs, motorists, vehicle passengers, motorcyclists, and even bicyclists and pedestrians can sustain debilitating and fatal injuries. We know how devastating these accidents can be since they result in severe pain and suffering, and they also require injury victims to undergo extensive medical treatment while being unable to work and to earn wages. A Redding auto accident lawyer at Venardi Zurada can assist you.
Auto Accident Data in Redding, California
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI), there were a total of 3,316 deadly collisions in California in 2019 that resulted in a total of 3,606 individual fatalities. While the overall auto accident death rate is lower in California based on the overall population than in other states, there is nonetheless a fatality rate of 9.1 deaths per 100,000 population. Thousands more accidents result in nonfatal injuries.
In many of these auto accidents resulting in nonfatal and deadly injuries, another motorist is at fault for the collision, and it may be possible to file a claim. Common causes of Redding auto accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including talking or texting while driving;
- Aggressive driving, such as red-light running or speeding;
- Road rage, such as intentionally blocking another driving from changing lanes or trying to force another driver off the road;
- Drowsy driving, also described as fatigued driving;
- Drunk driving, which involves driving with a BAC of 0.08 or higher, or otherwise being too intoxicated to drive after consuming alcohol;
- Drugged driving, including driving after using illegal drugs or after using lawful prescription drugs that have an intoxicating effect;
- Inclement weather, which can contribute to motor vehicle collisions;
- Hazardous road conditions; and
- Defective vehicle parts.
How to Prepare for a Redding Auto Accident Claim
Many Redding auto accident cases will start with an auto insurance claim, but you also may begin the process of seeking compensation by filing a lawsuit against the liable party. Regardless of whether you plan to file an auto insurance claim or a lawsuit—and many injured parties do both—you should take the following steps after a collision:
- Take photographs at the accident scene to document as much as you can, recognizing that these photographs may be essential for an accident reconstruction expert to use later on in support of your claim;
- Obtain contact details from anyone who was involved in the collision, as well as anyone who may have witnessed the crash and could support your version of events;
- Make an accident report to your auto insurance company, but be sure to state only the facts;
- See a healthcare provider as soon as possible to have your injuries assessed and to ensure that injuries that have not yet presented signs or symptoms are treated in a timely manner; and
- Hire an auto accident lawyer in Redding.
Contact Our Redding Auto Accident Attorneys
If you need assistance filing a claim after a collision, our Redding auto accident lawyers can help you. Contact Venardi Zurada today.